Low Light Vehicle CQB is an accelerated shooting class focused on positional shooting and critical light manipulations in and around vehicles. Students will push the boundaries of “traditional” cover and concealment utilizing various cars and trucks in a true 3D environment. Drills will incorporate adverse shooting platforms with critical weapon employment while engaging threats in, around, from, over and under vehicles. Lighting principles and threat assessment all play a major factor in this course. Live ballistic demos with a variety of ammunition will be conducted as the class explores ballistic deflection, deformation, penetration and terminal effect in direct correlation to various vehicle mediums. This course will have long days and night shoots on Day 1 and Day 2. Please be prepared for it.
Note: Students are exptected to arrive with a rifle that has already been zeroed.
Due to the nature of the course this has (prerequisites of completion from a reputable trainer or program we can verify in carbine and or handgun training) this is not a shooting package you should have your self and kit squared away prior to class.
- Safety brief
- Medical plan
- Proper gear selection and placement
- Accuracy Drills, recoil control techniques
- Positional shooting
- Loading techniques
- How and why of speed/retention/emergency loading
- Accuracy and Timed drills
- Working off both sides of the body
- Sling use supported shooting
- Use of cover (range defendant)
- Movement when to shoot and how
- Multiple target tracking
- Low light (when and where applicable)
- A functional and practical carbine or battle rifle chambered in 5.56×45, 5.45×39, 300 Blackout, 7.62×39, 7.62×51.
- A functional and practical handgun chambered in 9mm, .40 cal, or .45 ACP.
- If available, spare weapons systems are also an excellent idea.
- A sling for the rifle.
- An appropriate holster for the pistol
- Hearing Protection, electronic is preferred.
- Wrap around style eye protection. (goggles are preferred)
- Mask of some sort to filter out glass particles and dust while shooting from inside the cars
- A minimum of 600 rounds of rifle ammunition, 600 rounds of pistol ammunition. (more is better)
- A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s)
- Each student should have a minimum of 5 working magazines for the rifle, 3 for the pistol.
- Handheld flashlight and or weapons mounted light (weapons mounted light preferred)
- 2 Cyalume style ‘glow sticks’