- This event has passed.
Sentinel Concepts Practical Urban Carbine
July 19, 2019 @ 9:00 am - July 21, 2019 @ 6:00 pm
Course Fee: $550
Range Fee: $25/Day (Payable to range at check-in prior to class)
The premise of this class is based on the US Census Bureau report that 80% of the American Population lives in Urban areas. An urban area’s location is characterized by high human population density and defined within an area approximately of 200-300 yards and surrounding. Using these metrics this mid-level course reintroduces students to their rifles, working in varied terrain, and over distances between 0 and 300 yards.
THIS CLASS WILL THOROUGHLY COVER
- Safety brief & Medical plan
- use of barricades
- Different optics and accessories
- Effective shooting stance
- Proper weapon grip
- Recoil control
- Sight alignment
- Sight picture using magnified and or electronic optics
- Proper zero and confirmation of them. (Range dependent on distance)
- Use of the sling for supported shooting
- Use of body supported shooting positions
- Trigger control
- Speed reloads
- emergency reloads
- Malfunctions of the rifle
- Different shooting positions
- and more…
- A functional and practical carbine or battle rifle chambered in 5.56×45, 5.45×39, 300 Blackout, 7.62×39, 7.62×51.
- If available, spare weapons systems are also an excellent idea.
- A sling for the rifle.
- An appropriate holster for the pistol
- Hearing Protection, electronic is preferred.
- IFAK and/or Tourniquet required
- Wrap around style eye protection.
- Knee pads
- An approx minimum of 300 rounds of match or duty quality ammo is mandatory 500 rounds of ball rifle ammunition No green tip to be used on steel targets
- PLEASE ARRIVE TO CLASS WITH MAGAZINES ALREADY LOADED.
- A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the system(s)
- Each student should have a minimum of 5 working magazines for the rifle,
- Handheld flashlight and or weapons mounted light.
COURSE ENROLLMENT POLICY
- Sentinel Concepts has a strict NO VIDEO policy. Questions? Ask Steve directly.
- Refunds issued for cancelled classes ONLY; no exceptions.
- Courses close to enrollment 20 days prior to start date.
- Should the class still be listed and you are interested in attending please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm ticket availability and purchase.