Sentinel Concepts Critical Handgun Employment (CHE)
August 18 @ 8:00 am - August 19 @ 5:00 pm
Potential students absolutely must have prior vetted training to attend this course, students will be required to shoot a standards test at beginning of the class on demand. The level of activity is moderate to demanding, students who do not show proficient safe weapons handling will not dictate the class tempo.
The class will thoroughly cover:
- Safety brief & Medical plan
- Timed, graded quals
- Accuracy Drills, recoil control techniques
- How and why of speed/retention/emergency loading
- Accuracy and Timed drills
- Shooting from retention
- Weapon Hand / alternate Hand Malfunctions
- Weapon Hand / alternate hand Shooting Drills
- Movement when to shoot and how
- Shooting from downed positions
- Multiple target tracking
- Low light (when and where applicable)
- and more…
- A functional and practical handgun chambered in .380, 9mm, .40 cal, or .45 ACP.
- Hearing Protection, electronic is preferred.
- Wrap around style eye protection.
- IFAK &/or Tourniquet
- If available, a spare handgun and support gear is also an excellent idea.
- A minimum of 1000 rounds of pistol ammunition.(more is better in some cases)
Weapons mounted light/handheld for classes
- A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s)
- Each student should have a minimum of 5 working magazines. Students with single stack pistols should have twice that.
Refunds are only issued for canceled classes only no exceptions.
*Range Fee $25/day